Her new collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center–the Songbook Sundays Series at Dizzy’s Club–has been an instant sold out music destination.
Deborah’s previous collaborations include Feinstein’s/54 Below, Birdland, and a decade as Artistic Director of the 92Y’s Lyrics & Lyricists™ concert series, steering the venerable series back to audience and critical acclaim. She collaborates with top-tier artists from Broadway and the music world and works with leading institutions.
Among Deborah’s various books, On the Sunny Side of the Street: The Life and Lyrics of Dorothy Fields, was named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the five best books on American Songwriters. Her articles have appeared in The New York Times and numerous other publications. And her plays have been produced off-Broadway and regionally.
Deborah has been featured on PBS’ American Masters, as well as NPR’s Fresh Air and “Morning Edition.”
Deborah’s newest project, the audio adventure podcast series Flash Force: Middle Aged Women Superheroes Save Democracy, with an all-star Broadway cast, launches in 2023.
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Brian Drusky, Concerts and Events Promoter-Episode #203
- Adam Weinstock, Producer-Director-Actor-Episode #181
- John Davidson, Singer-Actor-Host Extraordinaire-Episode #164
- Richard Maltby, JR., Tony Winning Writer-Lyricist-Director-Episode #155
- Jamie deRoy, Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer-Episode #143
- Scott Siegel, Writer-Director-Producer-Episode #119