The brilliant singer, Joanie Pallato, was described by Rick Kogan of the Chicago Tribune as having “a stirring and special voice.”
Joanie toured with The Glenn Miller Orchestra as a featured vocalist before moving to Chicago in 1979. As a solo singer, group singer and voiceover talent, Joanie has recorded hundreds of radio and television commercials nationally. As a jazz vocalist, she’s performed at such renowned clubs as Chicago’s City Winery, Andy’s and The Green Mill and legendary New York venues like the Iridium, Pangea and Birdland. Also, she’s appeared at major events, from the Chicago Jazz Festival to being a featured soloist with Daniel Barenboim in “Ellington Among Friends” at Symphony Center.
Co-owner and partner with pianist/composer and husband, Bradley Parker-Sparrow at Sparrow Sound Design Recording Studio and SOUTHPORT & NORTHPORT Records, Joanie has expertise in all aspects of music production.
Joanie’s new CD, “My Original Plan,” features modern guitar virtuoso Fareed Haque, with whom she co-produced the album, and showcases fourteen original songs written by Joanie.
Please be sure to stick around at the end of the show to hear two of Joanie’s songs from her new CD called “My Original Plan.” The songs are: “Do Butterflies Cry” and the title track, “My Original Plan.”
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Danny Lerman, Smooth Jazz Saxophonist-Composer-Episode #133
- Josie Falbo, Singer-Episode #134
- Bill Nolte, Broadway Actor-Singer-Artist-Episode #158
- Diane Delin, Jazz Violinist-Composer-Episode #156
- Sheila Jordan, Legendary Jazz Singer-Episode #120
- Barbara Bleier, Singer-Actress-Episode #123
- Maude Maggart, Michele Brourman, Hillary Rollins-Songwriters and Singer-Episode #113
- Marieann Meringolo, Singer-Episode #108
- Shirley Crabbe, Jazz Singer-Episode #85
- Stephen Cole, Musical Theatre Writer-Episode #78