Robert chose San Francisco, where, at 19, he used his wit, sensitivity, imagination, and agility to fascinate his audience, and become San Francisco’s main tourist attraction. After meeting Lorene Yarnell, they formed the much lauded mime duo of Shields and Yarnell. Together, they played stages worldwide and appeared in various film productions and on over 400 national TV shows. They even headlined their own show, appropriately called Shields and Yarnell. Additionally, Robert’s original scripted TV special, Toys on the Town, earned Shields and Yarnell an Emmy.
Shields and Yarnell also wowed Las Vegas audiences, where they won the Las Vegas Entertainers of the Year award two years in a row.
Of note, Robert is credited for being the originator of the Robot. An hour-long documentary is coming out soon about Robert’s life as a robot.
Eventually, Robert made a natural progression from being a creative mime to becoming a creative jeweler, sculptor, and painter. His fascination with design, color, texture, and form leads to sublime and captivating one of kind pieces of art. The result of his constant pursuit of fresh and exciting concepts has rendered his work exceptional and collectible.
Robert lives in Verde Valley, Arizona, where he continues to sculpt, paint, design jewelry, and write comedy.
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Julie Budd, Legendary Singer-Episode #153
- Bryan Cranston, Legendary Actor-Producer-Writer-Director-Episode #132
- Michael Dorn, Actor-Director-Star Trek: The Next Generation-Episode #144
- George Lange, Renowned Photographer-Episode #93
- L. Scooter Morris, Artist-Episode #165
- John Davidson, Singer-Actor-Host Extraordinaire-Episode #164
- Phil Proctor-Session 1, The Firesign Theatre-Founder-Writer-Performer-Episode #33
- Phil Proctor-Session 2, The Firesign Theatre-Founder-Writer-Performer-Episode #34