Elyce Wakerman is the author of the novel, A Tale of Two Citizens, and two works of non-fiction: Father Loss: Daughters Discuss the Man That Got Away, and Air Powered: The Art of the Airbrush.
Her essays and articles have appeared in NYCITYWOMAN.com, The Los Angeles Times, The Jewish Journal, and numerous magazines. Her TV writing credits include Webster, What’s Happening Now? and Safe at Home.
Elyce is currently at work on a screenplay about a mother-daughter relationship called, Is That What You’re Wearing?
Elyce taught writing at California State University, Northridge from 1999 – 2012. And she also happens to be married to a favorite StoryBeat guests, filmmaker Jeff Werner.
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Jeff Werner, Feature and Documentary Director and Editor-Episode #142
- Marley Sims, Actress-Screenwriter-Episode #129
- Fred Rubin, Television Writer-Producer-Episode #130
- Leslie Tall Manning – Novelist-Episode #112
- Dana L. Davis, Actress-Novelist-Episode #74
- Peter Telep, Novelist, Teacher Episode #22
- Rocky Lang, Writer-Director-Producer-Episode #67
- Uwe Stender, Literary Agent-Episode #84
Loved Elyce’s stories and will take her advice to heart.