Writer-Producer Kevin Hopps first worked in the entertainment industry as an assistant for the legendary, Norman Lear, who at the time was producing such shows as All in the Family, Maude, Good Times, and The Jeffersons. Â After writing a spec script for One Day at a Time, he was hired as a staff writer on the series.
He subsequently found himself at Hanna-Barbera, writing on the animated series, The Smurfs. Kevin has continued to write, story edit, and produce in animation, working for Disney, Warner Bros., Nickelodeon, Sony, Universal, Cartoon Network, and more. His credits include writing for: Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs, Muppet Babies, Octonauts, Star Wars Rebels, Lion Guard, and Young Justice.
He continues to write animation, but heâ€™s also branched out into writing theater reviews for the online publication Gia on the Move. You can also find Kevinâ€™s essays and articles in Los Angeleno Magazine and Keyframe Magazine, an animation trade publication.
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Alan Burnett, Animation Writer-Producer-Episode #3
- Brooks Wachtel, Writer-Producer-Episode #9
- Bob Goodman, TV Writer-Producer-Episode #105
- Len Uhley, Animation Screenwriter-Story Editor-Episode #12
- Cheri and Bill Steinkellner, Writer-Producers- Episode #23
- Marv Wolfman-Legendary Comic Book Writer/Editor-Episode #35
- Kelly Ward, Actor-Writer-Director-Choreographer-Episode #66
- Scott Guy, Writer-Producer-Episode #73
- Chris Pearson, Animation and Comedy Writer-Episode #81
- Craig Miller
- David Wise, Writer-Filmmaker-Producer-Episode #43