Frank Verlizzo, who is better known by the single name, Fraver, is perhaps the most prominent, prolific, and influential theatrical poster designer in Broadway’s long history.
For five decades, the indelible art of Fraver has been burned into the memories of every serious theatre lover on planet earth. Frank’s poster designs have helped to sell and represent dozens of shows, such as “The Lion King,” “Ragtime,” “1776,” “Deathtrap,” “Follies,” “Into the Woods,” “Sunday in the Park” with George,” “Sweeney Todd,” and the memorable first ever poster for “Jekyll & Hyde, The Musical.”
Frank recently published “Fraver by Design,” a beautiful, eye-popping retrospective of his spectacular career. You can find “Fraver By Design on Amazon.com, at Fraver.com, and at fine booksellers everywhere.
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Susan L. Schulman, Broadway Theatrical Press Agent-Episode #44
- Ken Davenport, Playwright-Broadway Producer-Episode #4 Encore
- Peter Marks
- Peter Filichia
- Austin Pendleton, Legendary Actor-Director-Episode #41
- Carla Bianco
- Kirsten Childs, Playwright-Librettist-Episode #40
- Chuck Wagner, Broadway, Stage and TV Star-Episode #26