Paulette McWilliams is a dazzling vocalist who you’ve likely heard many times. For a significant part of her career, she has graced the recordings of no less than Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, David Bowie, Luther Vandross, Celine Dion, and many others. You see, Paulette is a backup vocals superstar.
Paulette’s most recent solo song collection, A Woman’s Story, brings her voice to the foreground – showcasing her brilliance as an interpreter of beautifully meaningful songs. Her incredible musical talents are enveloped by the arrangements and production of two-time Grammy winner, Kamau Kenyatta. Drummer Terreon Gully, harmonica player Grégoire Maret, and Grammy winning trumpeter Curtis Taylor also help to create an elegant musical environment for Paulette’s one-of-a-kind artistry.
A Woman’s Story reimagines the music of Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway and Luther Vandross – all musical partners from Paulette’s storied career. Among the other composers that she interprets with her exquisite and personal readings of their melodies and lyrics are Joni Mitchell, Janis Ian, and Phoebe Snow.
A Woman’s Story is now available on all platforms. Stick around at the end of the show to hear Life is a Fountain, a great song from A Woman’s Story, which was written by Paulette.
Paulette McWilliams: A Woman’s Story
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Sheila Jordan, Legendary Jazz Singer-Episode #120
- Marieann Meringolo, Singer-Episode #108
- Josie Falbo, Singer-Episode #134
- Michele Brourman, Singer-Songwriter-Episode #50
- Maude Maggart, Michele Brourman, & Hillary Rollins, Songwriters-Singer-Episode #113
- Shirley Crabbe, Jazz Singer-Episode #85
- Barbara Bleier, Singer-Actress-Episode #123
- Danny Lerman, Smooth Jazz Saxophonist-Composer-Episode #133
- Grace Garland, Singer-Songwriter-Actress-Episode #91
- Scott Siegel, Writer-Director-Producer-Episode #119
- Stephan Oberhoff-Songwriter-Music Producer-Episode #139