The brilliant playwright and librettist, Tammy Ryan, has created work that’s been performed across the United States and internationally. She was awarded the Francesca Primus Prize by the American Theater Critics Association for her play Lost Boy Found in Whole Foods. Other plays include: Molly’s Hammer, Tar Beach, Soldier’s Heart, Baby’s Blues, FBI Girl: How I Learned to Crack My Father’s Code, Pig, Lindsa’s Oyster, and The Music Lesson. A New Kind of Fallout written with composer Gilda Lyons premiered at Opera Theater of Pittsburgh in 2015.
Tammy was recently accepted as a resident playwright of the prestigious New Dramatists in the class of 2025. She’s also an artistic associate of NewYorkRep and a member of the Dramatists Guild of America. Her work is published by Dramatists Play Service, Broadway Play Publishing, Dramatic Publishing Company, and Playscripts.
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Alan Stanford, Actor-Writer-Director-Producer-Episode #2
- Sharon Dilworth
- Ken Davenport, Playwright-Broadway Producer – Episode #4
- David Paterson, Playwright-Screenwriter – Episode #14
- Kirsten Childs, Playwright-Librettist – Episode #40
- Rick Hawkins
- Mark Clayton Southers
- Tami Dixon – Jeffrey Carpenter
- Ted Pappas
- Marya Sea Kaminski
- Ronald Allan-Lindblom
- Robin Walsh, Actress-Professor – Episode #114
- Andrew David Ostrowski, Lighting Designer – Episode #118