Jay’s recent memoir, Honky in the House: Writing & Producing The Jeffersons, sneaks the reader behind the scenes of this classic series for a close-up look at how sitcom sausage is made.
Jay and his writing partner, Mike Milligan, sold their first freelance script to Norman Lear’s Good Times and were hired on staff at The Jeffersons where they began movin’ on up from Writers to Producers to Showrunners.
Most recently, Jay published Deadeye, a cowboy comedy novel with heart offering a tip of the Stetson to Don Quixote.
Jay created and continues to develop the classic Sherlock Holmes board game 221 B Baker Street, which has sold over 3 million copies in nine different countries.
Jay served for 11 years as an Adjunct Professor in the Writing Division of the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts.
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- David Carpenter, CEO of Gamiotics-Producer-Episode #235
- Charlie Peters, Writer-Director-Episode #221
- John Vorhaus, Comedy Writer and Novelist-Episode #210
- Ed Driscoll, Emmy Winning Comedian, Comedy Writer-Producer-Episode #200
- Janis Hirsch, Comedy Writer-Producer-Episode #146
- Dan Berendsen, Writer-Producer-Episode #137
- Elliot Shoenman, Writer-Producer-Episode #135
- Fred Rubin, Television Writer-Producer-Episode #130
- Marley Sims, Actress-Screenwriter-Episode #129
- Kevin Hopps, Writer-Producer-Episode #88
- Bruce Ferber, Writer-Producer-Author-Episode # 83
- Chris Pearson, Animation and Comedy Writer-Episode #81
- Rick Hawkins, Writer-Producer-Episode #49
- David Wise, Writer-Filmmaker-Producer-Episode #43
- Phil Proctor-Encore-Episodes #33 and #34
- Norman Steinberg, Screenwriter-Producer-Director-Episode #27